WE BELIEVE THAT:
- Jesus Christ is our focus and foundation.
- Each person is created in the image and likeness of God and therefore has innate worth.
- The school community is called to implement and witness Christ’s teachings.
- Parents, as primary educators, are integral to the educational process.
- Integrity and personal responsibility are essential for students, parents and school staff.
- The health, well-being, and safety of every student are necessary for a productive learning environment.
- Students learn and benefit from a variety of teaching methods.
- Learning is a life-long process for all members of the McDevitt community.
- All students have the ability to become successful and productive members of society.
- Extra-curricular activities complement classroom education in the development of well-rounded individuals.
- Service to others empowers students to contribute to the community by sharing their gifts and talents.
- Catholic, Co-Educational College Preparatory High School, Grades 9-12
- Inter parochial High School of the Diocese of Harrisburg
Holy Name of Jesus, St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, Our Lady of the Blessed Sacrament, St. Francis, Seven Sorrows of the B.V.M., St. Catherine Laboure, St. Matthew, St. Joan of Arc, Prince of Peace, Cathedral Parish of St. Patrick, Holy Family
Student to Faculty Ratio: 11.5 to 1
Enrollment: 680 students who reside in the greater Harrisburg area
Accreditation: Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, Fully Re-Accredited in 2018
Average Class Size: 20 students per class section
- 86 acre campus surrounded by woods and fields
- First-class stadium with artificial turf field, lights and eight lane track
- 6 Tennis courts
- Softball and baseball fields, practice fields
- Cross Country course
- 175,000 square foot, 6-year-old academic facility, all climate-controlled
- 1200 seat auditorium with professional quality stage, lights, and sound
- 120 seat chapel
- 1000 seat gym
- Wrestling room
- State-of-the-art library and media center with extensive online and printed resources
- All classrooms equipped with Apple TVs and projectors
- 7 Chrome carts for classroom use
- Smart Board learning systems in many classrooms
- 3 science labs
- Writing Lab
- Multiple computer labs with over 700 computers
- New Maker Space with three 3D printers
- Prayer garden
- Music suite
- New student-maintained vegetable garden
- New television studio
- Quality in-house food service
- Parking for 900 vehicles